Sunflower is always on the lookout for potential Teachers to join our wonderful team in our Seedlings early childhood program; a mixed-age, play-based child-led preschool program (for 3-6 year olds). Our Part-Time schedule is perfect for parents who want to work while their children are in school, for students looking to work around their school schedule, or for those looking to stay involved with important work once moving on from a full time position.
Please apply below and we will keep your application and resume on file for the future.
We are looking for creative, enthusiastic assistants who are comfortable in a positive hands-on learning environment entirely based in play, nature and the arts. If you love children and enjoy making a difference in their lives, this substitute position is for you.
Sunflower’s Seedlings is a Parent Cooperative preschool. We have respectfully nurtured young children’s growth for 24 years. The pillars of our educational philosophy are simple: Respect for the Individual, Learning within Community, and Learning through Experience. Our teaching staff and our Seedlings parents work as a team to bring these pillars to life each and every day.
In Seedlings you will:
Build sandcastles – make play dough – answer questions – read books – sort dress up clothes – get really dirty and wet – paint toes – tell stories – listen to stories – treat skinned knees – protect bees – build cardboard robots – mediate disagreements – build block cities – share snacks – hold hands – play pretend.
We require openness to new ideas and an interest in the whys of doing things. The Sunflower model is a unique educational environment, and Sunflower is a great place to grow and learn professionally.
Things we are looking for:
Preferred Florida Childcare 40-hour Introductory Child Care Training or active Staff Credential for this position.
- At least 1 year experience working with children
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 6 ECE units preferred
- The ability to run after small children, crouch on the ground and lift up to 50 lbs.
What a successful applicant demonstrates:
- Exhibits warmth, understanding and respect for all children and parents
- Exhibits sensitivity and empathy for the needs and feelings of others
- Enjoys being with preschool age children
- Has a basic understanding of child development and behavior
- Enjoys facilitating problem solving with both adults and children
- Has a calm, proactive approach to life’s trying moments
- Can work independently and collaborate as part of a team
Sunflower is a messy, loud, magical and exciting place to spend your days.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Must be available, on call, to fill in during a teacher’s absence
- Assisting in setting up the environment, activities, and providing creative and
stimulating learning experiences.
- Reading with children and writing down their stories.
- Supervising children.
- Facilitating positive social interactions and productive play.
- Adhering to the philosophy, policies and mission of Sunflower Creative Arts.
- Helping in general housekeeping tasks.
- Treating all Sunflower community members (adults and children) with dignity and respect.
Please review our website and social media before applying.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter stating what interests you about about working at Sunflower, specifically, and how you think your skills could help further our mission, to [email protected].
Even when we aren’t actively seeking new teachers, we accept and welcome resumes and applications.
Join a team of dedicated educators at an established 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization which houses this licensed preschool program.
Non-Discrimination Policy: To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Sunflower Creative Arts will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Sunflower Creative Arts does not discriminate in hiring, promotion, or any other aspect of your employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.