Frequently Asked Questions
What age group is Sunflower Sandbox for?
The program is for Babies – 12 year olds – and parents get a lot of value from it too!
Do all members of my family need separate memberships?
You only need one membership per family – all children (and parents) are included.
How does enrollment work?
We ask all families to sign up before the 14th of the month. At initial sign-up, you choose the membership that’s right for your family. After that month, your membership auto-renews each month.
You can change your membership level anytime before the 14th of the month. You may also suspend or cancel your membership before the 14th of the month.
Feel like you’d like a human to walk you through the process? We are always happy to help and can be reached on 561-501-6615, Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 3:00pm.
What if I enroll later in the month?
New members who join on or after the 15th of the month will be enrolled for the next month and auto-renewed going forward. You will be added to the Sandbox Facebook group to start enjoying Circle of Song right away and will be able to pick up your monthly Play Pack for the next month as soon as possible. The same change and cancellation process applies as described above.
Do my benefits start immediately once I enroll?
You will be added to the Sandbox Facebook group to start enjoying Circle of Song right away. Details for booking sessions on The Shire and Seedlings Playscape, choosing virtual programs, and picking up Play Packs and Borrow Bins will be provided in your enrollment email.
What days and times can The Shire or The Seedlings Playscape be booked?
Time slots on The Shire for Just for Littles are from 9-11 am Mon-Sat.
The Seedlings Playscape sign-up time slots for Nature Players & Play Buddies are:
- Weekdays: Mon-Wed 4:30-6:30 pm (3 weekday sessions)
- Weekends: Sat 9-11 am, 11:30-1:30 pm, 2-4 pm, 4:30-6:30 pm (4 weekend sessions)
Is it possible to purchase more time on The Shire or The Seedlings Playscape if we wanted more time to play?
Yes! It is $125 for each additional 2 hours on The Seedlings Playscape and $100 for each 2 hours added on The Shire. Call us to sign up for a session.
What types of things can I expect in the Play Packs?
Play Packs are filled with open-ended, age-appropriate materials chosen to engage children’s senses and imaginations. Each month, your child will get a new box with new materials. In the past, we’ve included loose parts for nature and science experiments and exploration, watercolor paints and brushes for creative expression, musical tools like bells for making instruments, colorful pipe cleaners for whimsical play, canvasses and clay, and much more.
What types of things are in the Borrow Bins?
Each bin will vary in selection below:
- Pretend– A collection of costumes, kitchen/family play, puppets, baby dolls, silks, books, make believe, toys, etc.
- Invention– An assortment of loose parts. Loose parts are an assortment of materials to use for open-ended play, including plastics, cardboard, newspaper, foam shapes, pipe cleaners, tape, etc.
- Build– A collection of Magnatiles, marble run, trains and tracks, blocks and vehicles, straw connectors, rubber band Boards, assorted play creatures and people, costumes, books, etc
- Science– This bin is limited and suggested for 8-years-old and up. Compass, microscope, binoculars, includes instructional CD, etc.
- Art– A collection of various colored tempera paints, chalk, a pallet, paintable toys, spin art, scrub brushes, stamps, chalkboards, glue, tray, etc.
- Nature– Books on nature, magnifying glass, protective glasses, net, shells, containers for sorting, clothes pins, creature identification cards, exploring bag, etc.
- Outdoor– A collection of fun outdoor toys like balls, hula hoops, trucks, walking stilts, shovels, pots and pans, scooters, etc.